Event and Meeting Planner
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that a phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and business coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential, too. Imagine coming to work for a company that offers a flexible “two days in-office, three days at home” schedule for most positions at headquarters, because both in-person collaboration and flexibility are important. Imagine being able to casually walk into your CEO’s office to share an idea you’d like to try. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What we offer!
Base salary with performance bonus potential Competitive benefits package that includes company-paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance, and disability coverage. 401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution Generous PTO plan Home service reimbursement Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement
The Big Task
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter to join our training and Event team! This role will be responsible for the logistics, coordination, and on-time delivery of our online trainings and in-person workshops. Success for this role is defined by the organized, on-budget, on-time planning, coordination and delivery of all pieces and people comprising the event or program. You will also demonstrate exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker/problem solver, have excellent communication skills, strong time management skills, and is highly detailed. Experience working with the Zoom Video Conferencing platform is necessary for this position.
Execute all aspects of in-person meeting planning from site selection, RFP work, vendor negotiation, event registration (setting up and managing registration through Aventri), ordering and shipment of materials, food selections (BEO’s), onsite management of event, and efficient event close.
• Oversee member experiences from conception through post-event, managing on-site preparations, production. and event breakdown. Always ensuring a consistent and high level of services throughout all phases of the process.
• Ensure timely execution of all aspects of assigned events.
• Stay current, and ahead of the curve, on event planning, design, and production trends, proactively identifying and solving operational challenges.
• Contract and Hotel Negotiations with member needs in mind
• Managing event budgets: delivering the best for the best price.
• Assisting in the building and maintaining of a calendar of events and trainer scheduling
• Answer inbound calls/emails from members related to event registration and general information.
• Other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and Experience:
• 3- 5 Years of Event Planning Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
• Ability to handle high-pressure situations and make quick decisions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent in detail orientation and prioritization
• Proficient in Zoom Video Conferencing platform
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to 20%
Prolonged sitting at a desk
Lift up to 15lbs
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.