Who we are
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and business coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential, too. Imagine coming to work for a company that offers a flexible “two days in-office, three-days at home” schedule for most positions at headquarters, because both in-person collaboration and flexibility are important. Imagine being able to casually walk into your CEO’s office to share an idea you’d like to try. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What we offer
- Base salary with performance bonus potential
- Competitive benefits package that includes company paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Home service reimbursement
- Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement
- We care about our team and expect you bring that same caring when you join
Short-term objectives, as we wrap up a software implementation:
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and full software utilization
- Assess and update control systems to incorporate new software and new processes in a high-growth environment
- Oversight of day-to-day transactional accounting, leading team of full-cycle senior accountants that prepare the bookkeeping for four separate and complex revenue streams
- Compilation/processing of semi-monthly commissions
- Accountability for Accounts Receivable over 90 days
- Implementation and oversight of effective control systems
- Sourcing, developing and retaining top talent
- Acting as a partner and financial translator to operational leaders
- Serving our members, with a focus on streamlining financial tools and maintaining high quality relationships
Skills and Experience
- Attention to detail, ability to evaluate and summarize key financial data
- Excellent communicator and leader
- Service mindset
- In depth experience with ERP software
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience leading accounting teams
- This position requires you to sit at a desk for a prolonged period of time
Learn more about us
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -- then this may be the job for you! You will work in a place where you will be appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the Nexstar Network. Visit our site at Nexstar Network to learn more about our organization.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities