Software Developer 1
Who we are
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and business coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential, too. Imagine coming to work for a company that offers a flexible “two days in-office, three-days at home” schedule for most positions at headquarters, because both in-person collaboration and flexibility are important. Imagine being able to casually walk into your CEO’s office to share an idea you’d like to try. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What we offer
- Base salary with performance bonus potential
- Competitive benefits package that includes company paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Home service reimbursement
- Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement
- The opportunity to work with A- Players who treat each other with respect and integrity
- We care about our team and expect you bring that same caring when you join
The Big Task
We are looking for a front-end developer to join our software engineering team. You will be responsible for building the client-side of our web-based applications. You should be able to translate our company and member needs into functional and appealing interactive applications. In this position you’ll have the opportunity to become a high-impact contributor and interface with different departments on various web-based projects.
- Develop user interface features
- Translate mockups, designs and wireframes into high-quality code, ensuring high code standards
- Create reusable code and libraries for future use, including unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Optimize components for maximum performance across numerous web devices and browsers
Skills and Experience
- Experience building functional and effective web-based applications
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with JS frameworks for web-based application development (React/Angular)
- Experience working with APIs (GraphQL is a plus)
- Experience working in an agile work environment
- Experience working with version control systems
- Familiarity with the MERN stack
- Some travel required for national events, training & staff development.
Learn more about us
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -- then this may be the job for you! You will work in a place where you will be appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the Nexstar Network. Visit our site at Nexstar Network to learn more about our organization.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.