Employee Experience Partner
Who We Are
We know you want a phenomenal career. We know you want a career with growth opportunities, work/life flexibility, and great benefits. We also know you want to care about what you do; you want to make a difference in people’s lives through your day-to-day work.
At Nexstar Network, we believe that phenomenal career is possible. We’re a member-owned organization devoted to providing leadership and business coaching and training to residential service companies across the U.S., Canada, and beyond. That’s right: since 1992, we’ve been working with owners of plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical businesses to help them grow to their fullest potential.
We’ll help you grow to your fullest potential. Imagine knowing your voice matters at work, and you’re supported in your role by others who love to serve.
Are you imagining it? Good. We’re waiting to meet you at Nexstar.
What We Offer
- Base salary with performance bonus potential
- Competitive benefits package that includes company paid health, dental, vision, basic life insurance and disability coverage.
- 401(k) safe harbor plan with a 3% company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Home service reimbursement
- Gym Membership and cell phone reimbursement
- We care about our team and expect you bring that same caring when you join.
The Big Task
Our Employee Experience Partner will carry out various HR tasks centered around the employee experience. This role will have the opportunity to partner with leaders and internal stakeholders to drive recruiting and onboarding initiatives to help Nexstar identify and develop “A Players.” The work of a successful Employee Experience Partner results in an understanding of how to engage our team members with enhanced programs and initiatives. The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to Nexstar as a whole.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to lead talent sourcing and recruiting efforts, both internally and externally.
- Conduct screening calls and interviews with candidates and serve as a host for on-site candidates to enhance their experience.
- Execute hiring and onboarding process for new hires. This includes administrative tasks for onboarding and new hire orientations.
- Assist in the execution of offboarding administrative process for outbound employees.
- Provide benefit support for employees, with the support of the Employee Experience Manager.
- Assist with administration and communication for employee leaves of absence.
- Monitor employee morale and company culture, and contribute to promoting the Nexstar brand internally, to enhance the employee experience.
- Partner with Employee Experience Manager to maintain Nexstar’s talent management program and training programs, while bringing your ideas to the table.
- Assist in maintaining our database for employee information and ensure it is up to date and secure.
- Assist in the upkeep employee directories, and accountability charts.
- Share ideas and suggest new procedures to continually improve efficiency of HR department.
- Assist with communication and policy administration (as needed).
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Empathy and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Analytical mind with problem solving skills and resourceful thinking.
- Training in HR procedures and policies is a bonus.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related fields is a plus (but not required).
- Uphold, support, and engage in our purpose and core values.
- Employee retention >85%.
- Employee turnover of <15%.
- 90% of voluntary quits received an exit interview and use that data for program enhancement recommendations, issue trends report, etc.
- Minimal – Less than 5%
- This position requires you to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time
Learn more about us
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job -- then this may be the job for you! You will work in a place where you will be appreciated and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the Nexstar Network. Visit our site at Nexstar Network to learn more about our organization.
Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment drug test and background check. Nexstar Network provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Nexstar Network complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.